Sr. Software Engineer (Machine Learning)
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning and computer vision applications.
- Apply expert software development skills to a wide range of ML-related coding projects
- Develop solutions for real world problems
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with machine learning and/or computer vision
- Expertise and experience in computer vision (feature extraction, segmentation, color, shape and texture analysis, object detection). Specific computer vision skills in object detection, and classification is plus.
- Expertise and experience is learning algorithms
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills and at least one scripting language such as python
- Prior working experience in OpenCV, and/or scikit-learn.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience applying machine learning to solving real-world problems
- Experience with deep learning framework (e.g. Caffe2, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.)
- Experience working with large volumes of real-world noisy image data
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.