Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
7700 Gateway Blvd Newark, CA 94560
Position Title: Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Newark, California.
- Lead QA efforts in the development of QA test automation capability strategy.
- Leverage your technical skills to design & implement automation testing infrastructure, establish formal frameworks, suites, standards and processes, ensure reporting, evaluate and develop new tools and processes to enable development of complex automation system test suites for our next generation software.
- Incorporate consistency, efficiency and re-usability of test components/scripts in your design
- Collaborate with Product owners, customer support, architects, software and firmware engineers to understand technical system requirements, business use cases, customer issues and application performance considerations to improve test effectiveness and close the gaps in our testing.
- Drive CI/CD from the testing perspective
- Mentor & train QA staff in test automation
- Define, develop and enforce automation testing standards and best practices
- Periodically report testing and automation impact, value, and improvement to stakeholders
- 5+ years in development/software automation
- Familiar with software best practices, including test driven development
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) processes and tools
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver/Chromedriver
- Experience with using automation tools on Windows/Mac
- Experience with WebSockets, JSON
- Service oriented attitude, with strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- BS / MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Robot Framework
- Experience with PyTest
- Experience with SCM and CI systems - Git, GitLab, TeamCity, Jenkins
- Experience with developing/testing human interface devices
- ISTQB certification
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.