Sr. Software Developer
19625 62nd Avenue South Suite B103 Kent, WA 98032
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Our client, south of Seattle, is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer to join their team. Mid-level Engineers will be considered, as well, but a minimum of 5 yrs. exp. is required. Both contract to hire and direct hire opportunities.
Job Description: The ideal candidate will be given ownership of developing SW on the application level and debugging embedded devices. Our client is in need of a talented senior-level software developer to help develop next-generation user-facing applications with Qt on embedded devices. This next-generation embedded platform will be utilized in many of the company’ s product-lines both as a core processing unit and as a Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Embedded programming experience needs to be very user/UI facing
- Self-driven, results oriented developer who strives to write clean, modular and well commented code without taking short-cuts
- Have successfully taken products to market that were written in modern C++ code.
- Comprehensive understanding of data structures and algorithm topics
- Experience with concurrency topics (i.e. threading and inter-process communication)
- Developing on Linux Operating Systems is required
- Strong proficiency with modern C++ is required, including the ability to communicate and implement object-oriented class designs.
- Experience with Qt stack or willingness to learn
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university
- Candidate must demonstrate a passion for writing software, innovating and building stuff
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Developing automated unit tests and working with SDETs/QA to ensure product quality is a plus
- Experience with network programming topics (e.g. TCP, UDP, sockets, REST, etc.)
- C# and/or Golang will be viewed favorably; preferably C#
- Experience with Jenkins Continuous Integration, Make and Google Test is a plus
- Ability to properly estimate tasks in an Agile setting is strongly desired
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.