Sr. SW Engineer - Cloud Service Dev or DevOps & Infrastructure
4030 Lake Washington Blvd NE Suite 200 Kirkland, WA 98033
Position Title: Sr. SW Engineer - Cloud Service Dev or DevOps & Infrastructure
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Kirkland, Washington.
- Designs technical solutions for scalable, secure and operable cloud services, lead the design discussion and develops the plan for deliverables.
- Leads REST API interface design in simple and concis style, establishes the software interface design standards.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life-cycle; identify and resolve the ambiguities between business logic and implementation level.
- Designs the deployment process for the services balancing efficiency and stability, establishes deployment best practices.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science plus 4+ years work experience
- Proficiency on Java, deep understanding of modern programming language design principles. C++, Python or Ruby & Rails are nice to have
- Solid understanding of computer network, security, architect design, object-oriented design (preferably interface-based design concepts)
- Experience with back-end server development with modern server or cloud environments, such as container, NoSQL databases, MapReduce, distributed file systems.
- Experience on designing, implementing, and integrating with REST APIs.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to strategize in a variety of project areas and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Solid experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud plus.
- Experience in a startup is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.