Sr. Production Supervisor
4045-A Campbell Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Position Title: Sr. Production Supervisor
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California.
- Hire, train, and supervise the production team in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices. Ensure all required training is up to date. Complete training record activities as required to support MES system.
- Create and maintain versatility matrices for all processes. Maintain production in a high state of cross training to ensure capacity.
- Provide career and personal development goals to assemblers and leads.
- Coordinate day to day manufacturing activities in support of company goals and per Quality procedures.
- Initiate and/or approve Production-related change orders (ECs) and non-conformance reports (NCRs).
- Maintain production metrics such as yield, on-time delivery, minutes/device, and defect paretos.
- Support roll out of production floor information programs (production scheduling and communications)
- Be familiar with all manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Individual must be available from time-to-time to work overtime and limited weekend hours
- Experience with cleanroom environments and cGMP relating to manufacturing/operations and with typical medical device manufacturing processes (UV curing, adhesive bonding, laser welding, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail when reviewing written documents & records and when performing or observing manufacturing activities.
- Familiar with MS-Office
- Familiar with lean concepts such as 5S, SMED, value stream mapping and visual planning/staffing. Be able to independently identify opportunities for improvement and initiate/complete projects to enhance production performance.
- Individual must be motivated, self-driven, flexible and dependable with the ability to drive multiple projects.
- Requires a minimum 10 years of direct experience as a Production Supervisor in medical device manufacturing
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.