Sr. Mechanical Engineer
9600 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Position Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, Oregon.
- Develop innovative designs that meet or exceed customer' s requirements and expectations.
- Prepare design concepts in a team environment.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage of development.
- Select cost effective, reliable design components and coordinate with purchasing for timely delivery.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of accurate bills of materials.
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up.
- Design and detail components and assemblies as related to the manufacture and assembly of custom automation equipment.
- Design and detail component parts and assemblies to meet the specific needs of each internal department and design intent specifications.
- Create 2D drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for system release.
- Perform Self Check and Peer Review of drawings and BOMs prior to release to ensure accuracy.
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Analyze tolerance stacks of assemblies for capability of assembly and fabrication.
- Active member of development team; willingness to work with other internal and external customers.
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit and function of design intent.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use CAD systems such as SolidWorks to create drawings highly desired.
- GAMP 5 experience preferred.
- Ability to use PC’ S to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
- Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
- BSME or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of recent machine design required.
- Familiarity with machine control systems and experience with pneumatic systems.
- 3D solid modeling CAD expertise (SolidWorks or AutoDesk Inventor) with application of GD&T principles.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.