Sr. Mechanical Engineer
6812 185th Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for a skilled Senior Mechanical Engineer.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with significant emphasis in design and fabrication of sheet metal, machining, injection molding plastics, tooling/castings, material selection, and coatings and finishes, including design to cost, and design for test and manufacturing.
- Expert-level SolidWorks (or equivalent) capability for design, analysis, and released documentation preparation
- Experience with thermal, structural (static and dynamic), and flow systems and analysis.
- Experience with systems employing motion control, pressure, temperature, and positional sensors
- Skilled in problem definition, data collection and analysis, generating solid conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to analyze/interpret information from business organizations and customers and create solutions
- Demonstrated ability to improve product performance and customer value
- Hands-on experience with typical laboratory test equipment
- Technically creative and motivated to explore design trade-offs in the development of electro-mechanical systems designs with demonstrated experience in component selection, system development and integration
- Demonstrated ability to see designs through from inception to field implementation.
- Expert knowledge of regulatory, NSF and UL, design considerations and requirements for food industry equipment
- Ability to multi-task, and capable of executing multiple assignments on time and on budget
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Office suite
- Demonstrated capability in statistical analysis
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Food equipment design and manufacture
- Labview and PLC programming
- 6-Sigma Green Belt, or higher
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.