Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Bausch + Lomb St. Louis, MO 63122
Position Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Provide resources for product design and manufacturing processes for cost and cycle time reduction.
- Participate in budget discussions, cost savings strategies and planning, as well as project management oversight.
- Lead and manage activities for CIPs/Maintenance of Business.
- Investigate, justify and implement automation and new technology opportunities.
- Provide make or buy rationale for components.
- Suggest product redesigns to reduce cost and cycle.
- Improve production processes, equipment and methods to reduce cost and cycle.
- Manage the design transfer from the prototype stage to full production.
- Aid with CAD documentation, SOP’ s, Test Instructions, PFMEA.
- Manage the document package for the approval process.
- See that necessary validations or verifications are performed according to Quality Systems Regulations.
- Work with the Operations, D+R and Quality departments to meet FDA Quality System Regulations.
- Manage the change control process for projects.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering. Master' s Degree in Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years or progressively responsible manufacturing engineering experience.
- Ability to functional effectively independently and with other functions within the organization.
- Project management experience in Manufacturing
- Data analysis, problem solving and communication skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Medical device industry experience
- Previous supervision experience
- Processes experience
- Strong mechanical or electrical aptitude.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Project Management Certification
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.