Sr. Manufacturing Development Engineer
4045-A Campbell Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Position Title: Sr. Manufacturing Development Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Establish design transfer requirements and timelines
- Perform in-depth process development / statistical analysis
- Independently design experiments, develop protocols, perform process validations and data analysis, draw conclusions and communicate results
- Design/selection Equipment for manufacturing processes
- Establish process flow and production line layouts
- Act as the Operations representative on cross-functional product development teams
- Train assemblers, technicians, and engineers on new processes
- Present technical reviews of projects to cross-function teams
- Occasional travel, as needed, to work with equipment and component suppliers
- Ability to work in a team environment - strong in communication and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with medical device design control requirements
- Hands-on individual with demonstrated process development experience
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans
- Attention to detail in process characterization and documentation
- Ability to identify critical process parameters and apply statistics to process measurement and control (Design of Experiments)
- Ability to develop and execute process validations
- Ability to use Solidworks to model/modify components and assemblies
- Ability to solve problems using structured methods. Experience breaking down high level (e.g. device level) performance issues into addressable action items.
- Requires Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or related engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device manufacturing environment
- Experience preferred with any/all of the following software: MS-Office, MS-Project, Rhino, Grasshopper, Python, GeoMagic Control, LabView, MatLab, 3DManage, Solumina, QAD, Omnify
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.