Sr. Integration Engineer (EMI)
12950 Willows Road NE Kirkland, WA 98034 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting long-term contract opportunity for a Sr. Integration Engineer (EMI) with our client located in Kirkland, WA.
- Use JIRA to request computer software, hardware, telephone service, e-mail and business systems.
- Support DO-160, MIL-STD-810, and MIL-STD-461 testing on aerospace electrical power equipment.
- Prepare and review test procedures and reports for aircraft electrical power generation, conversion, and distribution equipment.
- Prepare and review environmental and EMI test procedures, using DO-160, MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461 as guidance, for new aircraft electrical power equipment designs, perform tests, and document results from lab testing.
- Support environmental and EMI development testing, troubleshooting, and formal testing using custom test equipment and standard lab test equipment.
- Support in-house EMI lab operations and processes.
- Define standard and custom test equipment to support problem discovery and isolation.
- Develop and review development and qualification test procedures for environmental and EMI tests on development aircraft electrical power equipment.
- Generate test fixture designs to support environmental and EMI tests of aircraft equipment
- Develop custom test equipment designs and drawings to enable successful tests of aircraft electrical power equipment.
- Analyze and solve a diverse variety of EMI test related technical problems through use of test data and specification requirements. Organize and analyze data and document results. Review results to ensure their accuracy and appropriateness.
- Prepare and present technical information of diverse scope for internal and external engineers, program personnel, and other internal and external customers.
- Acts as an individual contributor, building stable working relationships internally through tasks and assignments.
- Guide technicians and operators in performing system integration and unit level development test and custom test equipment builds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an Accredited institution.
- Demonstrates proficiency (typically 4+ years of direct experience in the duties and responsibilities of the position).
- Must have previous electrical power equipment test experience including writing qualification test plans, designing test equipment and writing reports on findings
- Proficient knowledge and experience with EMI Testing
- Proficient knowledge troubleshooting electrical circuits to the component level
- Aerospace electrical power equipment test experience using regulatory compliance standards such as DO-160, MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461 Is a MUST HAVE
- Type- Contract hire
- Location: Kirkland, WA
- Pay Range: 57.00- $60.10/hr.
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.\
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.