Sr. Integration Architect
1848 Westlake Ave N Suite 200 Seattle, WA 98177
Position Title: Sr. Integration Architect
Position Description: Our client in South Lake Union is hiring a Sr. Integration Architect for their small but growing team.
This Senior Integration Architect is a wide ranging technical role that will require the successful candidate to play an analyst and integration role in activities including design and development, system integration, acceptance testing, service introduction, and hand-off to operations. The ideal candidate will have experience with 3rd party hardware vendors and have a background in Aviation or Telecommunications but not required.
- Design and deliver solutions to airlines in time, on budget and to requirements.
- Lead the technical and architectural aspects of software based products to ensure consistency, quality and architectural integrity,
- Hands-on design, development and implementation of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services.
- Liaise with airlines and assist through Initial Technical Coordination Meeting, Preliminary Design Review, and Critical Design Review
- Be the focal point for technical coordination between the airlines engineering/IT departments and Service Design.
- Lead design reviews, including review of detailed functional specifications,
- Develop test procedures in support of test campaigns and performance evaluation exercises,
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution
- Manage and maintain all required design and engineering documents.
- Work closely with other teams within Service Delivery, to ensure proper detailed, documented handover to Operations.
- Work with vendors, MROs and internal stakeholders to define and design new services and features to improve performance or meet new service requirements.
- Review existing software and infrastructure to identify areas for improvement, added scalability, quality, performance, security maintainability and architectural integrity.
Job Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent in Computing Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Excellent capacity at debugging complex systems, developing, and implementing quick fixes, as well as, leading and delivering long term permanent solutions to problems.
- Previous proven extensive experience in Telecommunications or Aviation is ideal.
- Extensive experience on Linux scripting / development.
- Ability to quickly develop proof of concepts / prototypes from scratch
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP stack
- Excellent knowledge of iptables is required / iproute and tc stack is helpful
- Technical leadership qualities and ability to lead external suppliers on both design and development activities
- Proven experience in leading integration programs involving customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders is ideal.
- Proven track record in managing delivery timelines and ability to define and respect milestones.
- Proven experience in documenting and describing complex systems.
- Good understanding of AGILE development.
- Methodical approach to designing and testing systems
- Proven experience with SQL/ Opensource databases (PostgreSQL is ideal)
- Proficiency with SELinux and good systems security understanding.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to write test plans and automate their execution
- Knowledge and experience of the complete software life cycle
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.