Sr. Firmware Engineer
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: Sr. Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Design and development of high-performance firmware and software for cutting-edge enterprise SSD products.
- Debug, optimize, and validate SSD firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures.
- Support customer qualification and adoption of SSD products.
- Participate in ground-breaking advanced SSD storage development and research projects
- BS and 6+ years’ experience / MS and 4+ years’ experience, in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, of relevant experience in embedded firmware development.
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code.
- Some programming experience in scripting languages such as Python is desired.
- Relevant hands on experience in embedded software or firmware development, including storage devices or other embedded platforms is desired.
- Experience with ARM or equivalent embedded multi-core microprocessor architectures is desired.
- Hands on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers such as Lauterbach and protocol analyzers such as LeCroy is preferred.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.