Sr. Firmware Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Sr. Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Master’ s or Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Over 5 years of experience in embedded software development.
- Ability to work as a team member within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Well versed in all monitoring and diagnostic tools necessary for software development.
- Ability to develop embedded software using C. C++ knowledge is a plus
- Have a strong ability to create and apply methods to trap and analyze firmware and hardware defects.
- Familiarity with Coldfire processor platform or similar embedded processors.
- Understanding of communication network architectures and their implementation in software.
- Comfortable using basic hardware debugging tools such as Oscilloscopes or Logic Analyzers.
- Familiarity with wireless communications systems.
- Experience with real time operating systems.
- Experience with protocol stacks (such as TCP/IP).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Familiarity with SNMP, DHCP, UDP, TCP.
- Familiarity with developing in a Windows environment.
- Familiarity with embedded Linux development.
- Experience with development for software safety.
- Familiarity with network security practices
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.