Sr. FPGA Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Senior FPGA Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Master’ s or Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Over 5 years of experience in FPGA development.
- Ability to work as a team member within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Well versed in FPGA/SOC development, especially with Altera Cyclone V or Xilinx Zynq.
- VHDL, Verilog, or preferably SystemVerilog for synthesis and test.
- Unit and system simulation using Matlab, Simulink, and Mentor Graphics QuestaSim.
- Experience in FPGA based RF and baseband signal processing or related application
- Well versed in FPGA diagnostic tools such as SignalTap II or Xilinx Integrated Logic Analyzer
- Experience writing SDC constraint files and closing timing on multi-clock designs.
- Have a strong ability to create and apply methods to trap and analyze firmware and hardware defects.
- Comfortable using basic hardware debugging tools such as Oscilloscopes or Logic Analyzers.
- Familiarity with wireless communications systems.
- Experience with real time operating systems.
- Experience with protocol stacks (such as TCP/IP).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with baseband signal processing building blocks (CIC, FIR, symbol timing, etc)
- Familiarity with AXI3/4 processor bus or similar bus architectures
- Familiarity with Arm Cortex A series microprocessors
- Familiarity with embedded Linux development.
- Experience in developing Linux device drivers.
- Experience with development for software safety.
- Familiarity with network security practices
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.