Sr. Embedded Software Engineer - Imaging
2100 Gold Street San Jose, CA 95002
Position Title: Sr. Embedded Software Engineer - Imaging
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Perform imaging software requirements analysis and development of associated software requirements specifications
- Update design documentation and hold associated software design reviews
- Develop object-oriented software for imaging acquisition, signal processing algorithms and pipeline control using C++ and software engineering best practices
- Unit test and debug software on both the system simulator and target ultrasound system hardware along with generating the associated documentation.
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent required (MS in a related field is highly desired)
- 5 years industry experience
- Programming expertise in C++ and C
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing/Image Processing/Video Processing especially related to medical image processing, computational geometry and display pipeline.
- Working experience with embedded DSP software including Texas Instrument’ s DSP and ARM processors
- Multi-core System Software development experience
- Demonstrated skill in object-oriented software development
- Experience with embedded software design, software-hardware interaction with real-time operating systems, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
- Familiarity with designing system software emphasizing data transfer, memory management, and algorithm optimization techniques for high performance applications
- Experience with GPU architecture and GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL or OpenCL) is highly desired.
- Embedded Linux development experience
- Individual must be motivated to work independently as well as with teams.
- Must have team and goal-oriented mindset
- He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- PC skills including use of Windows and Linux Operating systems and MS office applications are required.
- Only occasional travel required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.