Sr. Embedded Software Engineer - Imaging
2100 Gold Street San Jose, CA 95002
Position Title: Sr. Embedded Software Engineer - Imaging
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Perform imaging software requirements analysis and development of associated software requirements specifications
- Update design documentation and hold associated software design reviews
- Develop object-oriented software for imaging acquisition, signal processing algorithms and pipeline control using C++ and software engineering best practices
- Unit test and debug software on both the system simulator and target ultrasound system hardware along with generating the associated documentation.
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent required (MS in a related field is highly desired)
- 5 years industry experience
- Programming expertise in C++ and C
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing/Image Processing/Video Processing especially related to medical image processing, computational geometry and display pipeline.
- Working experience with embedded DSP software including Texas Instrument’ s DSP and ARM processors
- Multi-core System Software development experience
- Demonstrated skill in object-oriented software development
- Experience with embedded software design, software-hardware interaction with real-time operating systems, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
- Familiarity with designing system software emphasizing data transfer, memory management, and algorithm optimization techniques for high performance applications
- Experience with GPU architecture and GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL or OpenCL) is highly desired.
- Embedded Linux development experience
- Individual must be motivated to work independently as well as with teams.
- Must have team and goal-oriented mindset
- He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- PC skills including use of Windows and Linux Operating systems and MS office applications are required.
- Only occasional travel required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.