Sr. Embedded Software Developer
19625 62nd Avenue South Suite B103 Kent, WA 98032
Position Title: Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Position Description: Our client, south of Seattle, is hiring a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to join their team. Mid-level Engineers will be considered, as well, but a minimum of 5 yrs. exp. is required.
Job Description: The ideal candidate will be given ownership of developing on and debugging embedded devices. Your core focus will be developing software on embedded Linux and periodically ST microcontrollers. You will see your code go to market and be leveraged by real customers solving real problems.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university
- 5+ years of industry experience developing on and debugging embedded devices
- Experience developing SW on embedded Linux and ST microcontrollers
- Self-driven, results oriented developer who strives to write clean, modular and well commented code without taking short-cuts and drives their software through the ‘ final 10%’ to take a product to market
- Have successfully taken products to market that were written in modern C++ code
- Comprehensive understanding of data structures and algorithm topics
- Experience with concurrency topics (i.e. threading and inter-process communication)
- Developing on Linux Operating Systems is required
- Strong proficiency with modern C++ is required, including the ability to communicate and implement object-oriented class designs.
- Strong experience with embedded software development is required, including the usage of lab tools such as oscilloscopes or serial analyzers to debug software, and the ability read electrical schematics.
- Experience with Qt stack or willingness to learn
- Candidate must demonstrate a passion for writing software, innovating and building stuff
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Developing automated unit tests and working with SDETs/QA to ensure product quality is a plus
- Experience interfacing application code with device drivers on Linux
- Linux kernel development, device trees, driver modification or backporting, and/or bootloader customization
- Experience with network programming topics (e.g. TCP, UDP, sockets, REST, etc.)Experience with Standard and BLE Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- C# and/or Golang will be viewed favorably; preferably C#
- Experience with Jenkins Continuous Integration, Make and Google Test is a plus
- Ability to properly estimate tasks in an Agile setting is strongly desired
Experience to help write diagnostic and/or provisioning tools for our manufacturing line, which is co-located at our client' s office.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.