Sr. Embedded Software Developer
19625 62nd Ave S , STE B103 Kent, WA 98032 US
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Sr. Embedded Software Developer with our client located in Kent, WA.
Our client is looking for a self-driven, results-oriented Sr. Embedded Software Developer who strives to write clean, modular and well commented code without taking short-cuts and drives their software through the ‘final 10%’ to take a product to market.
This person should be someone who enjoys taking initiative and seeing a task through from start to finish.
- Writing production-level code.
- Design, develop, and debug on embedded devices.
- Be a part of designing and taking a product to market.
- Participate in all project lifecycle phases, from design and code development through unit testing, documentation, and release.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand needs and translate into technical requirements.
- Collaborate with an experienced team to create novel solutions to difficult problems.
- Self-driven, results oriented developer who strives to write clean, modular and well commented code without taking short-cuts and drives their software through the ‘final 10%’ to take a product to market.
- Someone who enjoys taking initiative and seeing a task through from start to finish.
- Collaborate with an experienced and motivated team to create novel solutions to difficult problems.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience with a focus in embedded software development. Design, develop and debug on high to mid level embedded layers (not low kernel level).
- Strong experience with modern C++, 11 or higher, is required, including the ability to communicate and implement object-oriented class designs.
- Solid experience with developing on Linux Operating Systems is required (MUST HAVE); preferably a Debian based distribution.
- Experience debugging, developing automated unit tests and working with SDETs/QA to ensure product quality is required.
- Must be a self-starter and hit the ground running. Senior level applicants only please.
- Experience with concurrency topics (i.e. threading and inter-process communication), event loops, and asynchronous programming.
- Usage of lab tools such as oscilloscopes or serial analyzers to debug software, and the ability read electrical schematics.
- Knowledge with Jenkins Continuous Integration, Make and Google Test, Python, and or Golang.
- Comprehensive understanding of data structures and algorithm topics.
- Experience with network programming topics (e.g. TCP, UDP, sockets, REST, etc.), Standard and BLE Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
- Competent with interfacing application code with device drivers on Linux.
- Nice to have exposure to Linux kernel development, device trees, driver modification or backporting, bootloader customization, and/or Qt stack but not a job function.
- Understanding of Agile development.
- Job Type - FTE Direct Hire
- Location: Kent, WA Onsite/Hybrid 3 days/wk. onsite
- Salary Range: : $140,900 - $160,000 DOE + 11-27% annual bonus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.