Sr. Embedded Linux Software Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Sr. Embedded Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity for Sr. Embedded Engineer .
- Master’ s or Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Over 5 years of experience in embedded software development.
- Ability to work as a team member within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Well versed in all monitoring and diagnostic tools necessary for software development.
- Ability to develop embedded software using C/C++14/Linux.
- Knowledge on Linux OS/Processor running on ARM Cortex-Ax.
- Have a strong ability to create and apply methods to trap and analyze firmware and hardware defects.
- Familiarity with Das-U-Boot.
- Understanding of communication network architectures and their implementation in software.
- Comfortable using basic hardware debugging tools such as Oscilloscopes or Logic Analyzers.
- Familiarity with wireless communications systems.
- Experience with real time operating systems.
- Experience with protocol stacks (such as TCP/IP).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with SNMP, DHCP, UDP, TCP.
- Familiarity with Coldfire processor platform or similar embedded processors.
- Familiarity with developing in a Windows environment.
- Familiarity with embedded Linux development.
- Experience with development for software safety.
- Familiarity with network security practices
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.