Sr. Electrical Engineer
15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Translate product level requirements into implementable circuits
- Work with Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Management in an interactive manner to develop electrical solutions to project requirements
- Define potential electrical implementation solutions and discuss tradeoffs
- Design electrical solutions for our products implemented as BOMS and Schematics in Altium
- Low power (2 – 60W), low voltage (3, 5, 12, and 48 VDC) power circuits
- LI-ION battery charging and monitoring circuits
- PoE circuits
- High Speed signal routing for Ethernet ports (100 Mbps to 10 Gbps)
- Simple micro-processor design and firmware development (mostly board hotel functions)
- Built parts and maintain library within Altium
- Design for small size and physically rugged environments
- Provide parts placement board models to Mechanical Engineering. Participate in the normal back and forth to address thermal and fitment issues
- Layout of circuit boards in Altium
- We currently employ a mixed model of laying out boards in-house and utilizing external resources when timing or expertise dictate
- Ability to layout boards and generate complete board fabrication packages is a plus.
- Provide detail electrical design guidance when utilizing external board layout resources (e.g. isolation, stack up, signal transmission requirements, etc)
- Coordinate with purchasing and board build house for fabrication and assembly of engineering test units
- Provide advance BOM’ s to Purchasing
- Be proactive in the identification of long lead items. Acquire samples and small lots early in the design process to mitigate timing impact
- Provide technical guidance as needed to board assembly house
- Board turn-up/debug/test
- Receive first run engineering circuit boards
- Perform basic turn-up and debugging of boards
- Develop and test any microprocessor-based functions on the board (usually simple board hotel functions)
- Develop and execute Design Verification Testing
- Support Mechanical Engineering during physical integration of electronics into modules
- Transition designs to manufacturing
- Provide complete design packages to enable production build. Board production quantities are in the high hundreds per year utilizing mostly on-shore suppliers.
- Develop and provide simple functional test plans/systems to board assembly house
- Support factory with problem resolution and test support when required
- Support designs once they are in the field
- Provide technical support to field issues should they occur
- Modify designs, if required, in response to field problems
- Capable of defining and executing test and characterization of other vendors equipment and previous Designs at the box and system level.
- Solid test labs skills dealing with power, communications, and server characterization.
- Experience with BIOS settings and low-level OS (Windows, LINUX, VMWare) loading and configuration
- Basic scripting/software skills for data acquisition and analysis as dictated by the tests being performed.
- Coordinate/communicate with management regarding schedule, milestones, technical status, etc.
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years direct design experience of circuit boards
- BS in Electrical Engineer required
- Deep experience in the design of circuit boards in Altium
- The ability to layout boards in Altium is desired
- Experience with MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-407 is desired
- Familiarity with design of network devices (Switches, Routers) is a plus
- Strong work ethic and commitment to customer support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.