Sr. Electrical Engineer
15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Translate product level requirements into implementable circuits
- Work with Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Management in an interactive manner to develop electrical solutions to project requirements
- Define potential electrical implementation solutions and discuss tradeoffs
- Design electrical solutions for our products implemented as BOMS and Schematics in Altium
- Low power (2 – 60W), low voltage (3, 5, 12, and 48 VDC) power circuits
- LI-ION battery charging and monitoring circuits
- PoE circuits
- High Speed signal routing for Ethernet ports (100 Mbps to 10 Gbps)
- Simple micro-processor design and firmware development (mostly board hotel functions)
- Built parts and maintain library within Altium
- Design for small size and physically rugged environments
- Provide parts placement board models to Mechanical Engineering. Participate in the normal back and forth to address thermal and fitment issues
- Layout of circuit boards in Altium
- We currently employ a mixed model of laying out boards in-house and utilizing external resources when timing or expertise dictate
- Ability to layout boards and generate complete board fabrication packages is a plus.
- Provide detail electrical design guidance when utilizing external board layout resources (e.g. isolation, stack up, signal transmission requirements, etc)
- Coordinate with purchasing and board build house for fabrication and assembly of engineering test units
- Provide advance BOM’ s to Purchasing
- Be proactive in the identification of long lead items. Acquire samples and small lots early in the design process to mitigate timing impact
- Provide technical guidance as needed to board assembly house
- Board turn-up/debug/test
- Receive first run engineering circuit boards
- Perform basic turn-up and debugging of boards
- Develop and test any microprocessor-based functions on the board (usually simple board hotel functions)
- Develop and execute Design Verification Testing
- Support Mechanical Engineering during physical integration of electronics into modules
- Transition designs to manufacturing
- Provide complete design packages to enable production build. Board production quantities are in the high hundreds per year utilizing mostly on-shore suppliers.
- Develop and provide simple functional test plans/systems to board assembly house
- Support factory with problem resolution and test support when required
- Support designs once they are in the field
- Provide technical support to field issues should they occur
- Modify designs, if required, in response to field problems
- Capable of defining and executing test and characterization of other vendors equipment and previous Designs at the box and system level.
- Solid test labs skills dealing with power, communications, and server characterization.
- Experience with BIOS settings and low-level OS (Windows, LINUX, VMWare) loading and configuration
- Basic scripting/software skills for data acquisition and analysis as dictated by the tests being performed.
- Coordinate/communicate with management regarding schedule, milestones, technical status, etc.
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years direct design experience of circuit boards
- BS in Electrical Engineer required
- Deep experience in the design of circuit boards in Altium
- The ability to layout boards in Altium is desired
- Experience with MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-407 is desired
- Familiarity with design of network devices (Switches, Routers) is a plus
- Strong work ethic and commitment to customer support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.