Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington. On-site employment is preferred but other arrangements will be considered.
- Develop and/or analyze circuits working from wireless product architecture direction and product specifications.
- Select and evaluate suitable components for wireless product building block applications.
- Develop board schematics for team review
- Determines component placement and works with PCB CAD layout personnel to route printed circuit boards.
- Works with embedded SW/FW team to create code for board bring-up and test
- Tests circuits and wireless systems against technical, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshoots circuits and modifies for specified performance
- Effectively document components and circuit board assemblies
- Support boards and products through board validation, product verification and manufacturing phases.
- Performs failure and root cause analysis
- Develops test plans and reports in support of product validation testing.
- Performs tasks listed above under minimal supervision. Receives general instructions from manager and senior engineering.
- Has authority to make decisions within the scope of the tasks assigned as long as they conform to the guidelines of the department lead and managers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 8 years of experience in electronic product design
- Experience in printed circuit board assembly DFX
- Experience in design for EMC, ESD, and Ethernet compliance.
- Proven skills with common test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators
- PADS schematic capture experience
- Hands-on PC board build, test, and modification skills
- Experience using microcontroller emulators and debuggers
- Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment.
- Time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and exhibit grace under pressure
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with TCP/IP, ISA, PCI, I2C, RS-485 interface standards
- Altera Cyclone family FPGA design
- C code and assembly language skills
- FCC Certification testing experience
- PADS layout experience
- Experience in the development of wireless products for manufacture
- Experience in an ISO 9000 environment
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.