Sr. Business Systems Analyst
6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd. Pleasanton, CA 94588
Position Title: Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, California.
- Track and analyze finances and headcount across the BT organization
- Create, monitor and improve financial dashboards for executive consumption
- Work with project owners to keep data up to date and accurate
- Assist with creation and adherence to budget processes
- Help with planning and executing annual planning process and regular quarterly budget and headcount updates.
- Help create executive budget analysis for QBRs, Operating Reviews, and other key executive reports
- Work closely with the BTPMO team to track and monitor and classify budget data across multiple cost centers within the BT organization
- Assist the BTPMO team in maturing portfolio budget management processes within the department
- Perform portfolio and financial analyses and prepare reports for management
- Participate in the development and management of annual planning processes including template preparation, training, data collection and related reporting
- Provide financial support for project budgets, planning, execution and project close-out activities throughout BT.
- Provide BT Financial Business process, policy and procedure guidance to IT Portfolio and PMO teams.
- Assist in financial management & reporting, ad hoc research & analysis, applicable financial tools/job aids and interpretation BT financial reports and dashboards.
- Provide Budget/Forecast vs. Actuals analysis on a project, program and cost center basis
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Partner with BT Program Managers, Service Owners, and Business Relationship Managers on the development of budgets and forecasts, manage and track monthly expenses to avoid exceeding budget; meet regularly to determine project cost drivers and review variance analysis results
- Track and report headcount adds, moves and changes to BT management. Work with Finance and Recruiting partners to develop forecasts and estimates
- Knowledge of financial / budget concepts in a technical organization
- Excellent Excel/GSheet spreadsheet skills and solid PowerPoint/GSlide skills
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic business environment where priorities can change quickly
- Bachelor’ s degree (BA or BS) and/or equivalent work experience required
- 5-7 years of experience working in a fast-paced technology organization analyzing finances
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.