Sr. Business Director
16700 13th Ave West Lynnwood, WA 98046-9727 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct Hire opportunity for a Sr. Business Director with our client located in Lynnwood, WA.
Job Description: The Sr. Business Director leads all business and technical activities for a product line or value stream within a Solution, including profit and loss (P&L), business development, and operational execution consistent with the goals and objectives of the Solution.
- Responsible for a P&L, revenue growth (Bookings and Sales), and customer satisfaction (Cost, Quality, and Delivery) for a defined product line / value stream.
- Effectively balance costs and value while serving customer needs.
- Lead a team of Engineers, Program Managers, Business Managers, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), and Bid & Proposal Teams as needed to ensure adherence to key business processes including Opportunity Development Tool (ODT), New Product Introduction (NPI), Design to Cost (DTC), Program Management Review (PMR), Strategy Deployment (SD), and other key processes.
- Maintain and build an excellent understanding of the customers' business / technology strategy / trends, competitor's strategy, legal and regulatory practices.
- Responsible for ensuring we have highly skilled people in the organization and/or that development plans are implemented for his/her staff helping them to maximize their potential.
- Any other task assigned by your supervisor or management.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction, strategy development and planning, achievement of financial objectives, product development, business development, and overall life cycle product management.
- Requires team building and leadership skills as well as the ability to work cooperatively within the wider company team to help set and achieve overall Solution objectives.
- Role could include direct responsibility for Engineering leadership, Program Management leadership, Operations leadership, and Business Development as required within the structure of the overall Solution.
- 7+ years’ experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (Aerospace), at least 5 years management / supervision of a value stream, functional area, or equivalent, or 3 years of demonstrated experience as Sr. Business Director, General Manager, or Value Stream Manager is required.
- BS Degree in Business or a related field and /or equivalent experience.
- Master's in Business Administration preferred but not required.
- Prior knowledge of managing to budgets;
- Exposure to OPEX leadership; SDP Implementation;
- Aerospace or other REGULATED and MANUFACTURING relevant industry knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills for IC development and staffing.
- Prior experience ensuring:
- Compliance to all policies and procedures;
- Program Management;
- Analytical skills to support business planning and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex (aerospace) proposals and contracts and the ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional manner, both internally and externally.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels.
- Job Type - Direct hire
- Location: Lynnwood, WA
- Salary Range: $171,223 to $221,363
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.\
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.