Sr. Big Data Engineer
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: Sr. Big Data Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Deploy Big Data frameworks including Hive, Spark, and Presto and optimize performance for TPC-DS or similar benchmarks
- Analyze and improve stability, efficiency, and scalability of the platform
- Collaborate with design engineers to find solutions for improving benchmark performance using various storage technologies
- Apache Hadoop and data ETL, ingestion and processing with Hadoop tools
- Knowledge of building ascalable and integrated Data Lake for an Enterprise
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- 3-10 years of experience in Big Data/Storage or related field, debug, tuning and performance analysis.
- Expertise in running and optimizing TPC-DS benchmarks on Hive, Spark, Presto
- Expertise in SQL, Hive/Tez/LLAP, Spark and Presto
- Expertise in Hadoop, HBase, Yarn
- Expertise on Big Data platforms provided by Hortonworks or Cloudera
- Good knowledge of competitive environment and existing TPC benchmarks
- Good working knowledge of the Linux, VMware OS
- Knowledge and experience in analyzing large data sets
- Strong software engineering skills with efficient, maintainable and testable C/ C++/Python/Java/Scala is required.
- Working knowledge of data center tiers and the server system trade-offs involved is beneficial.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet aggressive project deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams, including coordinating across organizational boundaries and geographies.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.