Sr Software Engineer
22745 29th Drive SE, Suite 200 Bothell, WA 98021
Position Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract-to-hire opportunity with our client in Bothell, WA for an experienced Software Engineer.
- Design, develop, and debug lower-level software, e.g. device drivers and OS services, for Linux, QNX, and Linux-based systems such as Android
- Work in the OS and lower application layers, doing QNX / Linux Driver Development, board bring-ups, and emerging hardware platform development
- Development, configuration, and integration of custom Linux distributions
- Follow agile SW development processes (SCRUM)
- Proactively engage with management and engineering teams to meet deadlines
- Work with customers and external partners to execute on complex embedded systems development and hardware / software systems integration.
- Perform cross-platform development and porting, e.g. by porting Linux Device Drivers to QNX
- You have a BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience developing software with C++
- You have a proven track record with Embedded Systems and low-level Software Development
- You understand the impact of design decisions (both hardware and software) on quality, reliability, and performance
- You have several years of experience in complex embedded systems
- Experienced with real-time systems, ideally QNX
- Accustomed to Agile Development practices, e.g. SCRUM
- Experience with the development of Drivers in Linux, board bring-ups, and SoC based Embedded Systems
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.