Sr Linux Systems Admin
San Jose, CA 95124
Position Title: Sr Linux Systems Admin
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Provide advanced Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) troubleshooting and technical support to the Engineering organization.
- Provide Linux application support. Work closely with Engineering on continual application, process and workflow improvement.
- Assist in day-to-day maintenance of the Engineering infrastructure, including Linux system builds, configuration & security management, patching, automation and system upgrades.
- Review and assist in support case management related to Engineering infrastructure
- Performs typical IT operational maintenance (e.g., software version updates, patch management) in collaboration with senior administrators
- Assists with implementation of automation tools and programs to mechanize IT solution management and problem resolution tasks
- Captures and documents end-users requirements
- Builds/maintains and updates documents related to troubleshooting procedures for IT solutions for future reference
- Collaborates with vendors and/or systems engineers to actively troubleshoot and resolve common or standard issues (e.g., those related to hardware, operating system)
- Provide support for Linux VM' s managed through Citrix VDI and VMware
- Ability to write and support scripts and programs, preferably using Python, Perl, Bash, C.
- Experience with and understanding of virtualized environments (VMware, Xen, Citrix).
- Experience with LAMP Stack
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.