Software Test Engineer
1275 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Position Title: Software Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Francisco, California.
- Work with senior engineers to establish and document product test plans.
- Hands-on development of test suites/test scripts and integration into continuous development and deployment systems.
- Interact with QA team, Developers and others for automation test planning and implementation.
- Implement and conduct cost-effective comprehensive regression and product tests to ensure product requirements are met.
- Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in software testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases.
- Professional experience of test automation design and implementation.
- Very good programming/scripting skills with Python and Pytest
- Good knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry tools and best practices.
- Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
- Academic/professional knowledge of audio domain or at least electronic engineering familiarity of signal processing problems is desired.
- Fast learner, solid problem solver, with great testing and debugging skills
- Experience with Agile development practices a plus
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
- Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments.
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems in existing audio/video applications.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.