Software Test Engineer
25821 Industrial Blvd Suite 200, Hayward, CA 94545
Position Title: Software Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Hayward, California.
- Analyze and review product specifications to ensure product quality, safety, reliability, and testability.
- Develop and document test protocols for verifying the functionality and safety of electromechanical subsystems.
- Execute test runs, interpret test results, and identify & document encountered defects.
- Work closely with other testers and developers to coordinate testing efforts and to resolve issues.
- Support software engineering tooling and initiatives related to testing automation and performance testing.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field; graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years in a software test engineer role performing testing of embedded control software for medical devices.
- Experience working in a regulated industry.
- Familiarity with requirements-based testing.
- Familiarity with ALM tools for requirements, test, and issue tracking (e.g. Helix, Rational).
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux.
- Software design skills and experience using C++ and common scripting languages (Shell / Bash, Python, etc.).
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, TFS).
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products.
- Good communication skills, including experience writing technical documentation.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with tools for automated testing of web applications such as Selenium.
- Experience working in a process driven team environment.
- Familiarity with medical device development and regulations.
- Experience with radiation therapy systems especially desired.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.