Software Test Engineer - Data
3420 Central Expressway Santa Clara, CA 95051
Position Title: Software Test Engineer – Data
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Software Test Engineer – Data with our client located in Santa Clara, CA.
- The Engineering Digital and Data Development (D3) Group designs, builds, deploys and supports medical grade software, data infrastructure and applications to collect and analyze medical device machine data from thousands of systems deployed world-wide.
- The ideal candidate for the position of Software Test Engineer-Data will have proven experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, product release of software applications, with the expertise to evaluate and support.
- This individual must have the ability to write complex SQL queries independently to verify and validate data.
- This position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with highly technical peers, and the capability to manage work load among changing priorities, alternating between hands on validation, testing, root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Ownership in design, development of test plans/protocols for functional SW verification of system data related products
- Provide feedback to Development on requirement/specification clarity and understanding to support proper testing method development
- Act as a core team member of the data development teams during product definition and design phases enforcing design aspects for test tools and automation needs.
- Assure proper root cause analysis and drive timely issue resolution of Product Issues
- Development and delivery of Product User Instructions and Knowledge base / Product FAQ’ s/ Self Help. Provide User Training/Education
- Execution and support for Product/Data Validation
- Identify areas for product and process improvements and make recommendations
- Escalation of issues to internal engineering groups as appropriate
- Internal application level support for D3 related products
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline desired and 3-6 years’ experience working with data in SQL environment
- Strong analytical skills - ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate systemic defects and validate data quality
- Ability to compare large sets of data in SQL Server environment
- Ability to design and develop of test cases
- Help define the high-level data testing strategy
- Develop data quality support utilities and tools
- Technical experience and strong command of industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision making skills. Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Troubleshooting mindset, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into sub-parts to identify failure mechanisms
- Experience with Medical Design Control processes is a plus
- Experience with Agile Concepts and Principles is a plus
- Scripting skills (Python, etc.) is a plus
- Excellent documentation skills
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.