Software Test Engineer, Audio
Sunnyvale, CA 94010
Position Title: Software Test Engineer, Audio
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Sunnyvale, CA an experienced Software Test Engineer.
- Help Create Software Quality Control (SQC) test plans and procedures
- Write software to implement SQC test plan on various platforms: Unity C#, native C/C++, Unreal C++, Unreal Blueprints, embedded, etc.
- Run tests to verify User interface components of audio plugins work properly and are free from defects
- Write C#, C++, Blueprints code to verify that audio API’ s function properly
- Run, analyze, and report results of software test suite on regular basis and/or create documentation to enable other members of the organization to do so.
- Help write clear and thorough pedagogical sample code and documentation (i.e. help contribute to samples for customers and various documentation teams)
- Create long term plan for automated testing.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve software defects.
- Collaborate on innovative audio signal processing software, spatial audio rendering, fidelity enhancement, and microphone signal processing.
- Collaborate effectively and proactively within a team responsible for the design and deployment of a complex audio subsystem under strict schedule and architectural constraints.
- Generate new and unique IP.
- Solid C/C++, C# programming skills
- Experience with professional software design tools and techniques: using software version control systems, defect tracking systems, performing regular code reviews of your own and/or other people’ s code, planning and operating in an Agile/Scrum type environment.
- Knowledge of game engine architecture/ experience using common game engines such as Unity, Unreal
- Self Starter, results oriented individual with solid technical, communication and passion for providing world-class software to customers
- Experience/exposure to developing and writing Software Quality Control (SQC) test plans
- Experience implementing SQC for software platforms or applications, including UI testing, unit tests, code coverage, smoke, functional, regression, compliance and other testing.
- Experience with various platforms (Android/Linux/Mac/Windows); Android NDK; Github/Gerrit, Perforce.
- Experience or strong interest in audio signal processing systems and applications in C/C++, Python or Matlab.
- Interactive audio: Wwise, FMOD, or Fabric middleware; OpenAL, EAX; Max, Pure Data.
- Knowledge of audio, acoustics, and psychoacoustics, capture, and spatial audio rendering technologies.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.