Software Security Engineer
15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Software Security Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Implement, test, and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Provide software development support in addressing identified security issues
- Provide engineering designs for new and existing software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Contribute to all levels of the architecture with respect to software security
- Maintain and review technical documentation relating to software security
- Consult team members on secure coding practices
- Develop a familiarity with emerging software security tools and best practices
- Perform application security assessments including architecture review, threat modeling, code review and penetration testing
- Perform Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST).
- Develop and direct Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) compliance verification procedures
- Develop and automate security tools.
- Maintain familiarity with industry standard software security certifications
- Work with engineering and product teams to drive security issues to resolution
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- US Citizenship Required
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience in a professional environment.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience as a software security engineer
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Software development experience in C# and .Net
- Adequate knowledge of network/web related protocols
- Experience with security tools and technologies used throughout Secure Software Development Life Cycles
- Experience in providing Security Code reviews in languages such as C# and F#
- Experience in penetration testing and fuzz testing technologies and techniques
- Familiarity with addressing and remediating OWASP Top 10 security issues.
- Interest in all aspects of security research and development
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent related industry experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.