Software Security Engineer
15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Software Security Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Implement, test, and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Provide software development support in addressing identified security issues
- Provide engineering designs for new and existing software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Contribute to all levels of the architecture with respect to software security
- Maintain and review technical documentation relating to software security
- Consult team members on secure coding practices
- Develop a familiarity with emerging software security tools and best practices
- Perform application security assessments including architecture review, threat modeling, code review and penetration testing
- Perform Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST).
- Develop and direct Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) compliance verification procedures
- Develop and automate security tools.
- Maintain familiarity with industry standard software security certifications
- Work with engineering and product teams to drive security issues to resolution
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- US Citizenship Required
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience in a professional environment.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience as a software security engineer
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Software development experience in C# and .Net
- Adequate knowledge of network/web related protocols
- Experience with security tools and technologies used throughout Secure Software Development Life Cycles
- Experience in providing Security Code reviews in languages such as C# and F#
- Experience in penetration testing and fuzz testing technologies and techniques
- Familiarity with addressing and remediating OWASP Top 10 security issues.
- Interest in all aspects of security research and development
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent related industry experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.