Software Quality Implementation Specialist
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Software Quality Implementation Specialist opportunity.
- Facilitating the adherence to procedures compliant with ASME NQA-1-2015, NRC RG 1.28, and applicable NIRMA Technical Guides, DOE O 414.1D, as well as any additional requirements necessary for nuclear software quality assurance programs.
- Collaborate with SQA Implementation Program Manager to maintain the internal procedures governing the software procurement and development activities.
- Review software documentation for content and accuracy against software quality requirements.
- Provide support and oversight for software commercial grade dedication activities.
- Provides support to effectively implement the Software QA Program.
- Analyzes existing software applications in accordance with the overall software quality program, including plant engineering.
- Aids line personnel in the development of all required documentation under company’s Software Management Plan for custom in-house developed, configurable, and acquired software applications, including configuration management.
- Assists users in developing strategies to resolve software quality issues.
- B.S. degree in technical discipline, information technology, engineering, business, or equivalent related work experience may be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience in nuclear software development lifecycle, Quality Assurance and Configuration Management in a regulated environment implementing ASME NQA-1-2015, subpart 2.7, NRC RG1.28, DOE G 414.1-4, NIRMA Technical Guides.
- Experience with the development and/or maintenance of nuclear software quality assurance programs as defined in NQA-1 2015 subsection 2.7 and 2.14, NIRMA TG-16 2011, and DOE O 414.1D.
- Working knowledge and experience in software development lifecycle management & project management (e.g., requirements management, test planning and test case creation/execution, version control, continuous integration, test coverage checking, etc.).
- Experience in facilitating training for team members related to meeting the SQA requirements for nuclear facilities.
- Experience with NRC and DOE software quality audits.
- Ability to interface with internal/external customers and vendors to resolve software quality issues.
- Ability to plan and implement methods for process improvement and trouble-shooting issues.
- Experience facilitating root cause analysis and risk management identification and tracking related to software development programs.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understanding concepts of Configuration Management.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with peers and customers of all technical levels.
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Location:100% REMOTE
- Pay Rate Range: $60-80/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.