Software Quality Assurance Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Software Quality Assurance Engineer opportunity.
- Use configuration control software (i.e., Git) to develop, test, document, and maintain Configuration Items supporting qualification of design and analysis software.
- Support coordination of software release cycles using Jira to meet project milestones.
- Train and support engineers and other developers in compliance with the governing software management plans and procedures.
- Provide guidance on software quality assurance documentation to engineers.
- Support the maintenance of Software Quality Assurance Plans.
- Support verification and validation (V&V) activities of Core Design software application, including software quality assurance activities supporting Continuous Integration.
- Develop technology enablers to aid engineers in execution of their workflows through the software development lifecycle, especially workflows that interface with HPC systems
- Advanced degree in Nuclear Engineering or equivalent. 2+ years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience working under programs developed under10CFR Part 50, Appendix B.
- Proficiency with Git, both at the command line as well as GitHub.
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems (e.g., CentOS), particularly using a command line. Experience with shell scripting, particularly with Bash, is preferred.
- Familiarity with continuous integration practices.
- A high degree of trust and integrity, ability to communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines, particularly mechanical, fuel performance, and thermal/hydraulics.
- Familiarity developing software products using The American Society of Mechanical Engineers - Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications (ASME NQA-1) standard, and The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) - Plant Engineering: Guideline for the Acceptance of Commercial-Grade Design and Analysis Computer Programs Used in Nuclear Safety-Related Applications.
- Experience with Python documentation tools such as Sphinx
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. The ideal candidate would be able to define and write technical requirements, translate the requirements into testable code, and document the results into technical reports.
- 12 month contract
- Location: 100% REMOTE acceptable
- Pay Rate Range: $50-70/h
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.