Bothell, WA 98021
Position Title: Software Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothell, Washington.
- Grow and lead a world-class automotive software development and testing team of 20+ people by recruiting, hiring, managing, and supporting employee training; monitor resource loading and resource allocations; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Work with Project Managers to review project milestones and required technical skill sets to create resource plans and load balance the engineering team across several projects running concurrently.
- Continuously improve and support software engineering processes and best practices to ensure software quality and maturity requirements are fulfilled; monitor software processes to ensure these are being followed by the engineering team
- Provide weekly reporting of current and future resource loading and resource utilization
- Provide employee management by communicating assignment expectations; yearly employee goal setting and performance reviews; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Work closely with other subsidiaries and sites (e.g. in Germany and Bothell, WA) to allow for effective distributed development and learning opportunities
- In collaboration with HR Team create & maintain training & education plan as well as define orientation plan for new employees.
- The ability to manage over 20+ people supporting the resourcing needs of multiple projects
- BSCS/MSCS or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- 5+ years working in increasingly responsible technical leadership roles
- 2+ previous experience as a software development manager
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Prior experience being an individual contributor in a software development engineering position (prior experience developing software applications with C++, Java or C# is a plus!)
- Fluent in a second language both written and verbal
- Human Resource knowledge and background
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.