Software Engineering Manager
1191 2nd Ave 6th Floor Seattle, WA 98101 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Software Engineering Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington. Our retailer client is seeking a talented team leader that will oversee development team(s) across the Global Digital Technology organization. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the success of your team and will proactively identify the most high-value deliverable and keep your team focused on shipping quality code. By partnering closely with the product and project leads you help manage project scope and ensure stakeholder expectations are managed and met. Your experience building production systems in cloud native environments where “ automation” and “ Infrastructure as Code” are guiding principles enable you to guide teams and partners toward best practices that allow progress to be made quickly and sustain-ably.
- Lead a team of developers across multiple work streams simultaneously
- Adjust process and timeline to ensure that high quality deliverables are produced
- Ensure your team produces software that is HA, monitorable and maintainable
- Ensure the right skills are being used to solve the right problems across your team
- Guide teams toward best practices and be able to participate in code reviews when needed
- Identify and remove roadblocks to success
- 8+ years of related working experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a senior engineering with 2+ years of experience as a people manager
- Deep familiarity with the web platform and its technical underpinnings in e-commerce.
- Ability to work comfortably across browser and server environments
- Comfortable working in complex and large-scale production environments
- Prior experience in the retail industry is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.