1848 Westlake Ave N Suite 200 Seattle, WA 98177
Position Title: Software Developer
Position Description: Our client in South Lake Union is hiring multiple Software Engineers for their small but growing team. The ideal candidate would be a back office developer with some embedded networking understanding. Senior and Junior devs. are of interest.
A wide ranging technical role that will require the successful candidate to play an software development role in activities including design and development, system integration, acceptance testing, service introduction, and handoff to operations.
- Participate in design, development and delivery of company' s solutions to airlines on time, on budget and to requirements.
- Integrate and deliver the technical and architectural aspects of software based products to ensure consistency, quality and architectural integrity across platforms,
- Hands-on development of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services.
- Participate and contribute to design reviews, including review of detailed functional specifications and requirements,
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution
- Manage and maintain design and engineering documents.
- Work in a small team in an Agile Linux / Open Source development environment
- Work closely with other teams within Service Delivery, to ensure proper detailed, documented handover.
- Analyze, report upon and fix production issues in a timely manner
- Review existing software and infrastructure to identify areas for improvement, added scalability, quality, performance, security maintainability and architectural integrity.
Job Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience in Computing Science, Telecommunications or related technical discipline
- Minimum 4 years of professional software development experience
- Object-oriented programming development with Groovy/Java or equivalent is required
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working on a distributed system
- Extensive experience on Linux scripting
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP
- Proven experience in documenting and describing complex systems.
- Proven experience with databases (PostgreSQL)
- Good systems security understanding.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of the complete software life cycle
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.