2100 Gold Street San Jose, CA 95002
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Perform imaging software requirements analysis and development of associated software requirements specifications
- Update design documentation and hold associated software design reviews
- Develop object-oriented software using C++ and software engineering best practices
- Unit test and debug software on both the system simulator and target ultrasound system hardware along with generating the associated documentation
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent required (MS desired)
- 0-5 years industry experience
- Programming proficiency in C/C++ and multi-threaded programming
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Embedded software development experience (preferably Linux)
- Demonstrated skill in object-oriented software development
- Strong foundation in system architecture and operating systems
- Experience with hardware/software interfaces desirable
- Exposure to image and/or signal processing desirable
- Team-oriented and goal-oriented mindset
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Linux system programming desired.
- Individual must be motivated to work independently as well as with teams.
- He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be detail oriented with good written, verbal and organizational skills.
- PC skills including use of Windows and Linux Operating systems and MS office applications are required.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- There are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Only occasional travel required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.