1561 Buckeye Drive Milpitas, CA 95035
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Milpitas, California.
- Analyze Product Requirements and design software system solutions
- Implement software systems on mobile and cloud platforms
- Meet QMS requirements for verification of software components
- Analysis and Design Software Systems
- Analyze product requirements
- Collaborate with product management
- Provide engineering input on product requirements
- Design and document software systems to meet product requirements
- Define component requirements to meet system designs
- Collaborate with other component teams on system solutions
- Implement component software requirements
- Document detailed designs for component requirements
- Perform code and documentation reviews to engineering and QMS standards
- Write automated tests for component requirements
- Meet QMS standards and requirements for developed software
- Provide engineering support for more junior engineers
- Refine and improve engineering practices and culture
- Perform scrum-master role as required
- Design and implement testing frameworks to:
- verify component requirements
- support test engineering team needs for integration testing
- Build out and maintain testing infrastructure as needed
- Research and design CI and CD solutions
- Implement and maintain CI and CD infrastructure as needed
- Excellent Communication skills – both verbal and written are required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years recent hands-on software development experience in a lean/agile environment
- Expertise in Java. Good track record of backend development
- Experience building Web Applications, and RESTful web services, Spring Boot
- Experience with test frameworks
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to flex across a variety of roles in an innovative, fast-paced, startup environment.
- Experience with React and React Native
- Experience with iOS development / Swift
- Mobile Applications development experience
- AWS – Lambda, Kinesis, Elastic search, Aurora, elastic-hash (Redis)
- Experience with Google Protobufs
- Strong technical and leadership skills: decisive, determined, strategic, and able to lead, motivate, and inspire others.
- BSc Software Engineering or higher
- Able to set up system test hardware components, setting up workstations including computer monitors, desktop systems, keyboards, and connecting cables.
- Combined sitting, standing and walking throughout the day to accomplish tasks.
- Occasional reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, stooping or crouching.
- Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Hearing and speaking required regularly.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.