One Marina Park Suite 701 Boston, MA 02210
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Boston, MA.
- Analyse the problem, research, make a proof of concept as needed, discuss with other engineers
- Make a high-level estimate of implementation
- Code the implementation and tests that meet functional and nonfunctional requirements, e.g. design patterns, logging, metrics, latency, throughput, scalability etc.
- Maintain and improve the production monitoring and alerting to ensure the quality of the implemented features
- Perform code review of the code written by other engineers
- Ability to work and achieve results without daily supervision collaborating with other engineers
- Experience working with Java
- Expertise in Spring, J2EE, RDBMS, distributed systems
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
- Proven experience working on highly scalable, database-backed web applications
- Strong focus on delivering value rather than pure engineering
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- NoSQL: Cassandra, Redis and others
- Distributed messaging systems: Kafka and others
- Microservices architecture design
- Side projects or open-source contributions
- BS/MS Degree in CS/Math or related field
- Experience in hiring and mentoring team members
- Experience in governance: SOX and\or HIPAA
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.