Software Engineer - C++
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: Software Engineer - C++
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of proven industry experience in designing and writing C/C++ in a Linux environment
- Expert on C++ programming with a prior experience working on a large C++ project, preferably an open-source project
- Proficiency in multi-threaded programming techniques
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, data structures, CPU/IO issues and bottlenecks
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with C++11 or later
- Good understanding on operating systems and/or storage systems and/or distributed system fundamentals
- Prior experience in understanding and analyzing existing, large C++ code in Linux
- Prior experience in profiling and bottleneck analysis
- Good analytical abilities and design skills
- Agile development
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.