Software Engineer - Backend Services
4201 Roosevelt Way NE Suite #100 Seattle, WA 98105
Position Title: Software Engineer - Backend Services
Position Description: Our Seattle client is looking to add a Software Engineer with Backend Services experience to their growing team. Although prior integration experience is not required, your ability to quickly learn new systems from the ground up is paramount.
This candidate will be responsible for implementing new backend features and maintaining our client' s backend services. Their backend team designs and implements APIs, leverages MQTT to communicate with IOT devices across the world, manages OTA deployments, tackles scalability and high availability problems, and builds integrations with smart products.
- 2-5 years of related work experience.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Extensive knowledge about APIs and calling third-party services through REST.
- Experience with common cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) components such as SQL, NoSQL, Function as a Service, Docker, MQTT.
- Python or other language (Java, C#, etc.) experience with object-oriented code.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with the executive team.
- IOT experience and enthusiasm.
- Understanding of security standards, e.g. OAUTH
- Startup mentality, move fast and ship code.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.