Software Engineer, Security
110 110th Avenue Northeast Suite 610 Bellevue, WA 98004
Position Title: Software Engineer, Security
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington for an experienced Software Engineer.
- Building security oriented product features and infrastructure.
- Identifying or confirming potential security vulnerabilities in our code.
- Either fixing security vulnerabilities or working with other development teams that own the relevant code to get them fixed.
- Work closely with our Chief Security Officer and his team to address their concerns and get maximum benefit from their penetration testing and their code reviews.
- Working closely with our Technical Operations team that runs our service on AWS to ensure that our application infrastructure is secure.
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews.
- 5+ years of strong software development experience in Java building highly-reliable, mission-critical software.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience in, fundamental information security concepts.
- Excellent understanding and experience with threat vectors (e.g. DDOS), including how to identify, mitigate and prevent.
- A strong understanding of secure engineering concepts such as secure coding practices and secure code reviews.
- Deep knowledge of common web application vulnerabilities (e.g. XSS, CSRF) and their mitigation strategies.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.