Software Engineer, Core
110 110th Avenue Northeast Suite 610 Bellevue, WA 98004
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Bellevue, WA for an experienced Software Engineer.
- Work with engineering teams to design, develop and deliver cloud-based infrastructure projects on a modern tech stack (Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Terraform on AWS)
- Drive evaluation, development and roll out of new common microservices
- Operate, support, and upgrade shared services and frameworks. Scale these as their usage invariably grows along with business.
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standard by writing unit and functional tests.
- Assist with monitoring, troubleshooting of services and frameworks the team owns
- Collaborate with architects, QA, product owners, security and operations engineers
- Experience architecting, implementing, tuning and debugging some of the largest cloud deployments in the enterprise world
- 5+ years of expansive programming experience in an object-oriented programming language like Java, especially in backend services. A good understanding of multithreading, garbage collection, memory management.
- 5+ years experience of working with MySQL or equivalent relational database systems
- Demonstrated experience of working with ReST and good understanding of its fundamentals
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and Tomcat
- Knowledge of AWS, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Docker
- Familiarity with network security, authentication and authorization as a nice-to-have
- Demonstrably followed best software engineering principles
- Experience with enterprise SaaS as a good-to-have
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.