Software Development in Test
1261 Connecticut St San Francisco, CA 94107
Position Title: Software Development in Test
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Francisco, California.
- Design and implement real-time tests and diagnostics to detect both hardware and software faults with the end goal of maximizing the uptime of the robots.
- Build and improve upon ROS debugging tools (rosbags, rviz, rqt_plot …) to diagnose complex robotic faults replaying data recorded on the field.
- Troubleshoot complex software bugs remotely for a fleet robots working on the field
- A BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Deep experience with ROS.
- Proficiency in Python, strong background in object-oriented programming, multithreading and system architecture in Linux environment.
- A working knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git), build processes, releases, and unit testing.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Hands-on robotics experience
- Hands-on knowledge of C++
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.