Software Development Project Lead
8201 164th Ave NE, Suite 200 Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Title: Software Development Project Lead
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract-to-hire Software Development Project Lead opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Drive and manage software development projects through entire product life cycles (planning, development, testing, launch, and maintenance) within the boundaries of medical design controls and quality management systems;
- Develop detailed product requirements using cross-functional team input and through the translation of user needs;
- Contribute directly to software design, prototyping, implementation, and debugging of both mobile and PC-based applications that work with custom interconnected hardware and firmware in medical devices;
- Manage software verification, validation, and design transfer activities;
- Maintain detailed documentation, create timelines and cost projections, organize collaborative meetings;
- Maximize capacity of individual contributors, liaise across business functions, and track progress with company vendors, service providers, and internal stakeholders;
- Support modifications to existing designs for improved usability, functionality, reliability, and safety.
Job Skills and Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in software product development including both mobile and PC-based applications
- Degree/s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- Previous direct involvement in medical product development, including implementation experience under quality management and regulatory compliance standards for medical devices including (e.g. IEC 62304, FDA Cybersecurity Guidance, etc.);
- Demonstrated programming experience with a variety of languages (e.g. Python, Kotlin, C#) and operating systems (e.g. Linux, Android, Windows) in a production environment
- Experience with software configuration/management systems, development procedures, verification/unit testing, and other software development practices;
- Experience leading projects that comply with strict safety and performance specifications while also meeting aggressive timelines and budgets;
- Knowledge of common data structures, algorithms, and statistical analysis methods;
- Self-motivated attitude, ability to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships;
- Capability of working hands-on and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Subject matter expertise with wireless communication interfaces/protocols (e.g. BLE), cybersecurity, databases, cloud computing, and data privacy;
- Experience working with and product development in an outsourced partner model, managing teams across multiple geographies;
- Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres);
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Qt;
- Experience with embedded systems and interfacing with peripheral devices (e.g. ADCs/DACs, RTCs, battery chargers, and sensors);
- Experience supporting development of instructions for use (IFUs), training manuals, and other customer-facing literature;
- Familiarity with the use of oscilloscopes, DMMs, and other common benchtop tools;
- Previous experience working in a start-up or early-stage environment;
- Strong analytical and communication skills (written and verbal).
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.