Software Development Manager
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Software Development Manager
Position Description: Our south of Seattle client is looking to bring on a SW Dev. Mgr. for a new role including healthy salary, pension, and annual bonus. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a people manager and coding skills in one or more of C++, Java, C#, Node.js, or Golang. You will manage 4-7 direct reports.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree or equivalent in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, Science, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience managing or leading a team of highly skilled software developers.
- 3-5 years of prior experience developing software for distributed multi-threaded solutions.
- Adept at understanding technical issues in order to assess project risk and facilitate their resolution.
- Experience defining and managing an area of responsibility with the ability to step in and take initiative.
- Must demonstrate confidence in ability to manage highly skilled direct reports who may have a greater level of knowledge and higher compensation than this position.
- Must have experience in managing or leading complex technical projects (custom software development).
- Able to effectively motivate team members to set and achieve the corporate and individual goals.
- Capable of adept navigation of a complex stakeholder environment including management of stakeholder expectations.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills producing clear and unambiguous communications.
- Ability to self-manage and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, schedule, status, issues and risks to multiple levels both internal and external to the organization.
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Coding skills in one or more of C++, Java, C#, Node.js, or Golang.
- Ability to conduct code reviews and vet team member’ s estimates.
- Ability to coach team members in “ best development practices”.
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget.
- Management experience involving technology within the telecommunications industry.
- Familiarity with SAFe methodology.
- Certification in a management oriented discipline.
- Responsible for leading, supporting, coaching, and developing Software Engineering personnel that support the development of software.
- Responsible for personnel management, including employment and performance management.
- Responsible for successfully managing project budget.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management and other teams to ensure successful execution of the program.
- Work collaboratively with Product and Project Managers to plan, drive, and monitor projects.
- Manage team development and/or reviews of product deliverables.
- Identify opportunities to for improvement in all facets of the Agile SDLC.
- Responsible for monitoring status, managing issues, and escalating when appropriate.
- Manage resources and resource conflicts as necessary to ensure work stream success.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.