Software Development Engineer
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Software Development Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Software Development Engineer in Kent, WA.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Advanced software development skills, particularly in C/C++, Python, or C#/Java
- Experience with and understanding of computer networking systems and protocols
- Experience with build, and test, and deployment automation
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Jenkins, Docker, compiler tool-chains, database systems, and scripting languages
- Experience with desktop applications, real-time embedded applications, and safety-critical software development
- Experience with Qt framework/QML
- Experience with 2D/3D graphics and rendering pipelines
- Experience with application performance monitoring and analysis
- Experience with unit testing, test driven development, and test automation
- Experience with instrumentation and control systems
- Experience with space vehicle launch operations
- Experience with DevOps and Agile / Scrum
- Working knowledge of configuration management and source code management systems
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.