Software Development Engineer
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Software Development Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Kent, Washington.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or related technical field with 4+ years of software development experience.
- Strong software development skills, particularly in C/C++ and Python.
- Working knowledge of real-time operating systems and real-time embedded control systems (including APIs, interfaces and device drivers).
- Strong debugging skills at the software/hardware boundary, and familiarity with software verification approaches.
- Working knowledge of communications protocols such as UDP/TCP, I2C, UART, etc.
- Experience developing, verifying, certifying and releasing mission and safety-critical software systems that comply with DO-178, ISO 26262, IEC 61508, or similar guidelines.
- Experience with device driver, bootloader, or kernel development.
- Experience with software development on embedded systems with I/O transducers: displacement, rate, and acceleration sensors; pressure and temperature sensors; servo and solenoid actuators; etc.
- Working knowledge of hardware components such as an MMU, MAC, DMA, Flash, etc.
- Experience across the full software development lifecycle: concept definition, architecture, requirements capture and development, software implementation and verification, system integration, qualification and release.
- Direct hands on experience with GNU toolchain.
- Experience with agile development methods.
- Experience with tools such as DOORs Next Generation (DNG), Gitlab, SVN, Docker, Jenkins.
- Experience with ThreadX.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.