Software Development Engineer 2
1266 Kifer Road Sunnyvale, CA 94086 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for Software Development Engineer 2 located in Sunnyvale, CA.
Job Responsibilities: The engineer in this position will play a key role on the Equipment Engineering team to design and develop software for manufacturing and test equipment used to produce the Ion robotic systems, instruments, and accessories. This engineer will develop manufacturing software and algorithms that enable innovative manufacturing capabilities and assure product performance and safety. The position will require close collaboration with product development teams, Equipment Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Quality Engineers. The successful candidate is an individual with high energy, ownership, integrity, and accountability who will drive software planning, development, testing and debugging, validation, upgrade, and maintenance activities across a variety of manufacturing equipment.
• Design and support in-house proprietary manufacturing equipment through the optimal use of controls methodology, software architecture, and algorithms.
• Own full development lifecycle for manufacturing software and associated documentation
• Perform testing and validation activities on manufacturing equipment to fulfill process and regulatory requirements.
• Implement best practices in software development (design, code reviews, scrums, security, unit testing etc.)
• Develop a deep technical understanding of product operation, controls and testing algorithms
• Support existing production software and troubleshoot production line issues
• Improve manufacturing capability through new technology, software, and analytics
• Interface with a multitude of technical and support teams
• Work independently to overcome roadblocks with minimum guidance
• Support quality and internal/external audits as required
• Support other software-related operations and duties as required.
• Minimum BS or MS in CE, EE, CS or related fields
• Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience in modern programming languages (e.g. C#, C++, Python). Matlab a plus
• Experience in developing software architecture and specifications
• Strong ability to plan and execute testing, debugging and validation activities on tight deadlines
• Experience with Automated device or product testing
• Strong analytical, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Experience with enterprise software (e.g. Agile document control, JIRA, Confluence etc…)
• Experience with software development in a government-regulated industry like FDA a plus
• Familiarity with Linux, SVN/Git, and database experience a plus
• Familiarity with Six Sigma and/or Statistical Process Control a plus
• Experience in developing mechatronics hardware and software a plus.
• Location: Sunnyvale, CA
• Pay Range: $57 - 63/hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.