Software Build Engineer
REMOTE, CA 95124
Position Title: Software Build Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client remotely.
- Facilitate migration to Gradle build infrastructure for C++ base code and ensure successful compilations for Linux and Windows
- Author Gradle build files to assemble, test, and release existing C++ source code for shared libraries and executables
- Coordinate with DevOps team to add new components to Jenkins CI build pipelines
- Assist developer and DevOps team members to triage and resolve build failures associated with new Gradle builds
- Develop usage documentation and provide training material for developers
- BS with 4+ years of exp or MS with 2+ years of exp in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related equivalent
- Experience with C++ and building C++ libraries and programs
- Experience with make files and build systems
- Experience working in Linux and Windows
- Strong Analytical skills
- Experience with Gradle and Artifactory is a plus
- Experience with perforce source control system is a plus
- Experience in Java, TCL and other equivalent language is a plus
- Knowledge of C++ unit testing frameworks is a plus
- Good interpersonal communication skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.