Sodium Cover Gas System Manager
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Sodium Cover Gas System Manager opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Responsible for coordination and oversight of a geographically diverse design team to develop design of reactor equipment and supporting engineering bases. The team members include employees, subcontracted resources, partner engineers and teams, and customers.
- Support the design of integrated SCG equipment and components, from requirements definition through final design, to the highest levels of safety and reliability. Demonstrate visible, continuous leadership in the areas of safety and quality.
- Support the development of a complete product lifecycle, such as but not limited to necessary construction and fabrication details, startup and testing plans, maintainability/inspectability attributes, and decommissioning plans.
- Ensure that work process execution and technical adequacy within the group scope are in accordance with contract requirements, project standards, and industry standards.
- Coordinate development of analyses, such as thermal, seismic, structural, fatigue, heat transfer, and other analyses performed by others required for the design.
- Comply with project codes of record, including ASME BPVC Sect III.
- Manage application of regulatory criteria, codes and standards, industry guidance, and design programs to complex mechanical design challenges.
- Interface with regulators, stakeholders, and customers on design, fabrication, and regulatory issues.
- Coordinate with interfacing project teams and other project support organizations to develop cohesive design and fabrication strategies across organizational lines and ensure accurate and complete hand-offs are executed.
- Oversee execution of design work conducted by project subrecipients and subcontractors, including review and approval of design deliverables to meet project quality and completeness standards.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of external design and/or fabrication supplier activities, working with or as the technical representative to ensure delivery of submittals to project requirements.
- Provide engineering review and concurrence of the procurement strategy for select commodities. Manage engineering interfaces to procurement activities.
- Support schedule development efforts during project design phase cycles, budget cycles, and long-range planning development.
- Monitor and report on the team’s performance against the schedule baseline and manage corrective actions to areas of underperformance. Take proactive action to correct negative trends and resolve conflicts in quality, priority, and forecast completion dates.
- Recommend engineering staffing plan for the team using input from project management insights and team skillset analysis. Identify staff changes to meet long range forecasts including replacements due to attrition, new or changing requirements, de-staffing, etc.
- Support the recruitment, onboarding, and indoctrination of new engineers.
- Support employee development through mentoring, training, and challenging assignments within the specific program engineering efforts as assigned.
- Recognize the need and recommend obtaining external subject matter experts and specialty resources.
- Resolve priority conflicts in conjunction with team leadership when issues arise that compete for resources. Elevate those that cannot be resolved to the Senior Manager level.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and use of Engineering guidelines (e.g., design criteria, design guides, desktop instructions, design notes).
- B.S. in Mechanical or related discipline from an accredited university and 8+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems skills, or an M.S. or Ph.D. with commensurate experience.
- 2+ years in a combined technical leadership role with leading performance of technical scope and/or additional manager responsibilities.
- Experience working to quality standard, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- Demonstrated experience in oversight of supplier and subcontractor organizations in an engineering environment.
- Demonstrated diverse and robust experience in design of complex structures and equipment in high temperature and multi-discipline integration. Previous experience with nuclear mechanical components, nuclear reactor equipment, or similar design is highly desired.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with nuclear quality fabrication, construction, and lifecycle management processes (including In-Service Inspection, material surveillance, vibration programs, equipment qualification programs, etc), and similar skills highly desired.
- Exceptional communication skills to integrate with a geographically and organizationally diverse engineering team are required.
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities concurrently during a given work week and work with minimal direction to solve multi-disciplinary problems.
- On-site arrangement is preferred, but remote work will be considered based on candidate assessment.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $116,030 - $218,119
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.